September 7, 2016

Wildlife Wednesday :: God's Creation

In August, when I could manage it, I retreated to the garden with my camera. Spending time outdoors, observing God's amazing creation, always lifts my spirit and reminds me that I do not have to worry about tomorrow...not ever. *

Here are the photos I took of the wildlife that visited my garden last month:

BIRDS

Male Ruby-throated Hummingbird in the evening light.

Female Ruby-throated Hummingbird showing off her elegant neck.

A Blue Jay selects a peanut from the feeder.

SQUIRREL

Zipping along the fence after raiding the bird feeder.

BEES

Bumblebee working the salvia.

Leafcutter Bee, another fan of salvia. 

DRAGONFLIES

Posing nicely in the garden.

Making a meal out of a Green Lacewing.

BUTTERFLY 

Tiny Skipper Butterfly, wings spread, basking in the sun.

MOTH

Huge Polyphemus Moth, freshly emerged.

CATERPILLAR

Sphinx Moth Caterpillar on the spent tomato plants.

*Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. ~ Matthew 6:34 (ESV)

I hope you enjoyed my contribution to Wildlife Wednesday—a meme, hosted by Tina at My Gardener Says...that celebrates wildlife in the garden on the first Wednesday of every month.

19 comments:

  1. It is truly a wonderful world. Thx for sharing these lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really stellar photos, Tracy. I'm pea green with envy at your hummer shots--maybe I could take some photography lessons from you? :) Enjoy your gardens and wildlife and thanks for joining in this month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina. There's always some luck involved in getting a good hummingbird photo, but it does help to have a nice zoom lens.

      Delete
  3. Makes my heart happy to see this post. I love you, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, these are all absolutely fantastic captures! Like you, I find that this is a form of worship for me as well. I never tire of discovering what's out there, just waiting to be "captured" by our lenses. What a beautiful post, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we face difficulties and struggle in life, we need to focus on the little creatures and the beauty they provide. They struggle, too, but never give up: we can learn a lot from nature.

    Your photos are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvellous photos Tracy, especially of the dragonflies. Love the squirrel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'd love the squirrel more if he didn't steal the best seeds from the feeder. Haha. ;)

      Delete
  7. These are beautiful photos! I really must remember to join in Wildlife Wednesday next month. There are so many creatures to celebrate! Not worrying about tomorrow is a toughie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! When I feel myself slipping into worry, I remember how God cares for the birds and clothes the flowers of the field. It puts in all into perspective.

      Delete
  8. Really Nice and Interesting Post. I was Looking for this Kind of Information and Enjoyed Reading this One. Keep Posting. Thanks for Sharing. How To Care Baby Chicks At Your Home In Urdu اردو .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking time to comment. I am encouraged by your kind words!