March 25, 2016

Our Busy Chicks

The title of this post does not refer to the feathered variety in our backyard, but to our sweet, adorable grandchildren.

My grandmother name is Birdie, so it's only natural for me to think of them as my chicks.

Look at this, Rose!
Rose is our daughter's girl and Myles is our son's boy. Rose turned two in December and is nine months older than Myles. 

Our busy chicks spent a week together at Rose's house. We were there for the last couple of days of the visit. Even when we arrived, I could tell Myles was still not completely at ease in his new environment.

Arghh! 
But he really came out of his shell on the last day.


May I, please?
This is more typical of his personality—quietly reaching for a book and asking permission with his eyes.


No more monkeys jumping on the bed!
Rose, on the other hand, is constantly in motion...


Thanks for the chicken book, Birdie and Geep. I really like it.
until you give her a book. She loves to read...


Safe in Geep's arms.
and swim in the hotel pool with her Geep.


I can do it all by myself.
You could say she has a bit of an independent streak.


It's not too heavy.
And I believe you could even say it runs in the family.


Thank you, God, for our little chicks.

Rose

Myles
They're busy little people, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet photos of your precious Grands. I especially love the one of Rose and all her dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royal Chicks... what beautiful moments you've had to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fun to see both of our grandchildren at the same time!

      Delete

Thank you for reading and taking time to comment. I am encouraged by your kind words!